First and foremost, the FDA only allows Hemp CBD Oil manufacturers to sell their oils with CBD as food supplements and not as any type of medicinal product. CBD Oil consumption is in its naive stages at the present, no particular dosage guidelines have been formulated as a standard as yet. So there is no scientific information at this point that directs how much CBD Oil you should take for any given situation.
Until CBD Oil can be sold as a medicinal supplement or remedy, there won’t be any scientific data supporting sizes of doses. But, there is some helpful information below that was found by scouring the internet and by talking to many people who have taken CBD. The following chart may help in determining a “STARTING POINT” of how much you might want to take:
|Person Size||2- 25lbs||26- 45lbs||46- 85lbs||86- 150lbs||151- 240lbs||241+lbs|
Since there are many experiments going on currently with the CBD dosage thing, physicians ask you to start at a particular dose and reach the maximum at which your symptoms alleviate, without causing significant disturbance to your body. So while setting a dose for yourself, you need to have a good look at the following points and try working on them in order to stay away from any type of undesired reaction:
- Start With Minimum Amount:With drugs like cannabis, you would always want to be on the safe side whether this stuff has the ability to harm you or not. So start at a minimum dose, let’s say 5 mg a day. Try to stick to this for a week or two unless it’s not benefiting you anymore.
- Increase Gradually:Since you started at a minimum dose, many of your symptoms may not alleviate with that setting. For this purpose, you now need to increase the amount gradually. Do not do this at a fast pace for it might harm your body, because in this phase you are not aware about how much of this drug your body needs or can tolerate. So it is better to be on the safe side.
- Watch Your Symptoms:you now need to watch the symptoms that you were complaining of, whether they have subsided or not. If not, you may then continue to increase your dosage bit by bit to watch the effect. But if your symptoms have already subsided, you have then determined the optimum dose for your condition. You may continue to use this dose in case you encounter similar symptoms in future.
- Watch Out For Any Side Effect:Although CBD oil does not have much side effects, which gives it an upper hand over other cannabis, but like any other ay drug, it may harm you if you try to over dose. Be patient to test your optimum dosage and be cautious with whatever you deal with in regard to medicines.
- Keep In Mind Other Drug Interactions:Like any other drug, CBD also has some drug-drug interactions too. It tends to increase or decrease the effects of certain medications. For example, if you are currently taking an opioid, you should consider that CBD tends to increase the effect of Opioids.
As you can see, there is NO actual data on how much CBD Oil you should take. But, its also pretty easy to jump in and start trying to figure it out. Just listen to your body. It always knows!